Wednesday

Photo Essay # 4: Childhood Memories

People are shaped by their earliest influences, and I think where a person grew up says a lot about them. For example, I grew up in a small white house on the edge of the forest. Here are some of my favorite memories from that long-ago time and place.


Here's the house where I grew up. It was cozy. I used to love spending the afternoons sitting on that stump looking into the sky.




Many happy hours I spent looking out of the window. There was a great view of the trees which surrounded the house.




The door. How often did I go in and out of this door? I've lost count.




Another view of the door.




It was a terrific yard for a child to play in. The clothesline offered hours of fun.




The house, the yard, the stump, and my best friend and companion, our old dog Bitey.


Alas, the old homestead is no more. But it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Next Essay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home